New York-based ad-tech company AppNexus today announced it has raised $75 million in Series D funding led by Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV), an investor in Facebook, Netflix and ExactTarget. Venrock and Tribeca Venture Partners also participated in the round.
In its release announcing the funding, the Company highlighted its accomplishments over the past twelve months:
- Managed approximately $700 million of advertising spend
- Almost tripled revenues, with no client contributing approximately more than 12 percent
- Processed a peak of one million requests per second
- Quintupled delivery to over 13 billion ads served to websites each day
- Doubled global headcount to over 400 employees
- Signed major new clients, such as Interactive Media, Orange, and the Canadian Premium Audience Exchange
- Opened offices in Paris, Hamburg and Toronto, bringing its total number of global offices to nine
The AppNexus advertising technology platform serves buyers and sellers of online advertising, including Microsoft Advertising Exchange, Collective and Technorati Media.
“AppNexus is the largest independent ad tech company. From serving the first RTB impression in 2008 to inventing the first app store for advertising in 2011 to being the first ad tech company to take a hardline stance against piracy, AppNexus has consistently led the industry in innovation,” said Brian O’Kelley, CEO, AppNexus. “Raising this round gives us access to more than $100 million to create the next generation of innovations that will transform online advertising.”
With this Series D round, AppNexus’ total funding is $140.5 million
Related link: www.appnexus.com